Saturday, October 30, 2010

Full of Juice

This is an oft-served dessert in Nepal called a Ras Bari (sp?). It is basically a donut hole, completely saturated with sweet, sugary syrup, and floated in a bowl of plain yogurt. The name Ras Bari translates roughly as "juice full"


Name Change, Blog Change

This blog has been a haphazardly tagged slum of quasi chronological updates for its whole life.

Henceforth, it will be a Food, Art and Language blog, based in Nepal, with other tidbits thrown in as I see fit. Since food, language and art (my own and that of others) are the things that excite me, that's what I'll write about and photograph!

I'll review restaurants in Kathmandu, post recipes for awesome Nepali foods and ask for advice on directions to go with my art projects. Sometimes I'll also write about development work, which is what I'm here for, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment