Saturday, November 13, 2010

What goes around...

Funny graffiti on some spinnerZ at the Bouddha temple I went to visit on the last day of language class.  This was a month ago.
Here I am getting a Tikka put on me on the last day of Tihar festival. The last day is called Bhaay Tikka, which means "younger brother tikka" The colored powder on the forehead is a symbol of the blessing and wish for long life conferred by the older sister on the younger brother.
This is two stalks of bamboo that I tied together across a path we trekked on for awhile. I then placed a flower at the intersection. I'm no Andy Goldsworthy, but I like to mess with nature when I can.
This was a hotel we stayed at on the trek. The lit up space was the dining room where we sat around a little woodstove to eat meals. The building on the left, cut off, is where we slept. One of the most remote and rad places I have spent the night. 
An epic waterfall and some local wildlife we saw on the way to Gossaikund.
Those buildings from the "lit up dining room" picture above are in the lower left quadrant of this picture. Nice scene for a cuppa coffee and a biscuit, right?

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to read about all this. I wish I could comment more often. I liked the bamboo stalks. Keep in touch and stay safe.
    Wow. That's such an old person kind of comment. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete