Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Chase Gaze: A Doodling Contest

"People who do great things look at the same world everyone else does, but notice some odd detail that's compellingly mysterious."
--Paul Graham

eh...?
My Denver buddy Jesse D. made a great sketch of my Facebook profile pic recently, in which I am giving a sidelong glance to a stuffed cat (right). This prompted me to doodle myself giving a sidelong glance to whom else but the scrutineer of my doodle (above).
Do I not look great giving sidelong glances!?
So here's what's happening: A Drawing Contest!

The  Contest

Submit the best possible drawing of me making a sidelong glance that you can doodle in five minutes or less. Use your imagination. Or photographic evidence of my existence (if you can find any). If you're real lucky you can get me to pose live! (As if I could sit still for five minutes.)

The drawings will be judged by someone who is impartial (to your drawings) but very very partial to my actual studly looks and sidelong glances.

Submit your drawings in the comments thread of this post, or email/facebook message me if you want to submit them some other way. I'll upload all the submissions into this post without the names of their artists so we can have a people's choice vote via the comments.

The judged winner and peoples' choice winner will each get Some Nifty Thing that I'll bring back from Nepal and mail to you when I return in about (gasp!) six weeks.

Pencils ready....

GO!

Update: The submissions are rolling in. Here they are in order of submission:

To vote, make a comment on this post and include the # of your favorite Chase Gaze doodle.

#1
#2

#3
#4

#5

#6
#7
#8


4 comments:

  1. Liked Jesse's idea of drawing/timing to a song... did this to Das Racist- Rainbow in the Dark.

    http://dleichty.com/media/chasepic.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long do I have to make a submission? You didnt give a contest deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah, i wonder which of these is Dirk's...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like #2 because you look like a biblical stud.

    ReplyDelete