Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Lisfranc Injury Blog

The pale vertical line on my left foot isthe scar. The last vestige.
Two years ago I sustained a totally sucky injury to my left foot! I chronicled the whole ordeal, including several gory surgeries (photos!), and 6 months of wearing a cyborg boot and walking with crutches on another blog. A bunch of other people with the same (relatively rare) injury commented on the blog, asked for advice and general support.

Its been about a year since my final surgery, and I am living a totally rad life, in spite of all the dire predictions I made when I was in a depressed stupor about having to use crutches for six months.

I just wrote my final post on the Lisfranc Injury Blog, which you can read here, and if you can stomach it, check out the gory surgery photos here.

<3 Chasews

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chase

    I'm a PhD student at Loughborough University in the UK. I found your name on the list of people who follow 23andme on Twitter, and followed a link in your profile to your blog. I was wondering if you'd be willing to fill in a survey for my PhD research, it's for people who have either bought a genetic test from a company like 23andme, or are thinking of doing so.

    There's more information and a link to it at http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~lsctre3/survey.html , it should only take about 10 minutes and would be really great if you could! If you have any questions then please email me at c.t.r.egglestone3@lboro.ac.uk

    Thanks

    Corin Egglestone

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of your blogs and articles and worth appreciating.
    car accident injury

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diary of my recovery from a pretty horrendous Lisfranc fracture of my mid foot ... I can't tell you how wonderful it is to finally be able to blog senior abuse attorney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your posts on meditation and pain following lisfranc fracture. I am 12 weeks post surgery and everything going well. But oh boy does it mess with your head. Being non weight bearing, life takes a different turn, needs a lot of creativity and patience by the bucket load. To read of your life post lisfranc is very valuable, gives me confidence to plan my next years travels! Has it stayed trouble free.

    ReplyDelete